Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is about making your website come up as high as possible naturally, or organically, in search engine results (i.e. not by pay per click).
Since Google is used by more people than any other search engine this is the search engine that everyone wants to come at the top of, and the search engine we specialise in optimising for.
There are a lot of companies that will promise to get you to the top of Google for a small monthly fee, we are not one of them as we know that where you come on Google can change daily and is dependent on so many factors, including who your competition is and what words you want to come up top with. What we will promise is to put your website on the right path to being optimised to its full potential for the budget you have.
We are often asked how a website can come up top of Google and there is no one single answer. This being said we do know what combination of factors help…
Below are a few of the things that will put your website on the path to being well optimised…
- How long your website has existed.
- The way your website is built (ie HTML vs. Flash etc.).
- Building your website with validated code.
- The use of relevant meta tags, key words, page titles and meta descriptions
- The number of hits your website receives, the more traffic to your site the higher the site will come in a search engine searches.
- Your website copy. The more you use relevant words within your HTML text the better your chances of coming up when people type in those words in a search engine.
- Relative backward links, i.e. the links from other people’s sites to yours.
- The time users spend in your site once they have clicked through to it, the longer people stay there the better. Strong relevant content and design will help this.
- How often your website is updated with new, fresh content.
We understand the ins and outs of all these factors and more, and with this knowledge we can help you and your company to achieve the best SEO results on your budget.